Some Blogs that I follow

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

More Blooms


When feeding plants they grow better.
I always fed my roses, flowers, and grass.
But not the cactus flowering plants because they were more my husbands.
Since we moved a year ago and a lot of our cactus came with us...
I been feeding them.
My guess is this particular cactus has flowered four times already.
Some cactus only flower one time and it is DONE.

I did do a treatment on this photograph.
Paint Daubs, and a yellow filter.
Summer has not really been much here this season, and it is a wonder the cactus are flowering more than my roses should be at this time.  
The roses took a beating with the no sun, overcast damp weather.
I am grateful for whatever happens in my yard.
I am just confused about summer and fall.
I will take whatever I can get...






10 comments:

Remi said...

Nice cactus flower.. :)

Berit said...

Beautiful cactus flower:)

Have a nice day.
Berit.

SouthernSass said...

Very pretty bloom! Our summer was so HOT and I am loving this cooler weather!

Michael (Light-In-A-Box) said...

Jane, I could never keep up with you as far as posting goes!, good job... Picture perfect!
Michael :-)

Janie said...

Remi, Bare bilder, SouthernSass, and Light in a Box, THANK YOU. You all are so sweet to leave me a comment, of course I am loving it.

Elettra said...

absolutely wonderful to see a cactus plant in flower, compliments

Shelly said...

what happened to the homage to your daughter's birthday??? It was there and now it is gone.

Janie said...

Shelly, yeah well you caught me. After I put it on I thought I should of asked you. Gee should I put it back on?

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Your husband sure has a fabulous cactus garden that provides you with great photo opportunities. Well done.

Janie said...

Yes he does ok, and he did all the digging and moving the cactus to new location. There are rocks, desert sand, and it looks nice.

But still claims I am feeding the cactus "steroids". There is one inside a garden window that is getting way too tall. I keep wanting to transplant it to bigger pot. So I don't feed it anymore since he thinks this is what I did to it!