Some Blogs that I follow

Friday, June 24, 2011

Botanicals



San Francisco, California
Botanical Gardens
May 2011
On my visit among the gardens were many beautiful plants and flowers.
Not a lot of color at that time due to the rainy winter.
This one surely caught my eye.
Becky my follower and friend told me this is a Protea plant.
I researched and she is correct, thanks Becky.
There were many different varieties of the Protea.
They are located at the San Francisco Zoo as well.
There are particular areas with plants that are actually tagged with micro chips!
So if one were to "remove it" the plant could be tracked.
I thought that was done for animals and most likely soon real people!
I failed to get the name of this beauty.

Below photograph is same plant in the bud stage.
Cooler temperatures in San Francisco.
I live sixty miles north, which is warmer.
Plants vary in between from there to my home.

I love visiting the city on occasions.
But there is no place like home...





6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

ooh. that's a beautiful plant! wow! micro-chipping plants! how cool is that?! :)

TexWisGirl said...

look at your pretty face in your sidebar!!! you're such a beauty! :)

Jill said...

That is an amazing flower. It looks so mystical to me. I had no idea plants were being micro chipped!

RURAL said...

Micro chipping is new to me, but it sure sounds like a good idea. Wonder if they can do that to my car keys, I am always loosing them.

Thanks so much for dropping by and saying hello.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Becky said...

I think it is a type of protea.

Janie said...

What a treasure for me to receive such sweet comments from my blog visitors. Thank you.

Becky:
Thanks for the identification of the flower. I always fail to write them down when I am taking photos.