Some Blogs that I follow

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Travels

Ireland 

I'm trying to get through the trip I took last year to London, Ireland and Scotland.
The goal was to put my favorite photos into a book. 
I wanted to view them in a glance, share with friends and family.
It is embarrassing that I can't seem to finish, or feel like viewing the pictures that mean so much to me.

Why?
My guess is this was such a trip of a lifetime for me.
Can't seem to get over those three weeks.
I am grateful I was able to make this trip and enjoy it as I did. 
Dragging my feet on looking at the photographs.
This may sound strange for some people.
My friend Kate feels the same way about her photographs she was the instigator of this trip.


I think it is about time I get it done!



6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

aww. no, i get it. hard to think of it as 'over', i suppose.

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

I am sure that you will get the photos into a book. I am still waiting to take a trip like that. I am happy that you were able to go.

Janie said...

Super, I did stop by your blog, and ready to try several of your recipes. Thank you Dawn.

psychelyn said...

Travelling is such a great way to reboot once in awhile. I know the feeling when you look at those photographs, it's a bit of "I'm proud I've done it" and a bit if melancholy that it's over.

Becky said...

I just reread one of my books. It is wonderful to look at the photos. It brought those memories forward so I could enjoy them all over again.

BumbleVee said...

I was the same when I spent three weeks in Portugal .... I took hundreds of photos... and spent a lot of time putting them on my blog...but, I still go to them and look at all the photos...it was a couple years back now.... one of those trips of a lifetime for sure ....

did you go back to John's blog to see my reply re: roving? info... it is the name for the fibres really ... check out needle felting online sometime... you will see lots then... and, find out more info about how it is done etc.... I only do the needle felting... which is dry.... there are several wet techniques too, but I haven't attempted anything in that vein....