Some Blogs that I follow

Saturday, September 8, 2012

BOOTS


Boots are neat looking, even if you are not a cowgirl or cowboy.
I could never wear them because of my wide feet and pudgy toes.

These happen to be little boy boots belonging to my friends son when he was a child.
We were at the cabin last March where I spotted the boots in a glass case with some other artifacts from her family.
She told me her little boys use to run around in them.

I envy young feet!

While she was taking a shower I got them out of the glass enclosed case, marched them to the snow covered porch for a photo shoot.

 I wondered how cute little boy boots would be in the snow.

Never telling her about this photo until months later.
She received a card in the mail with this boot photo on front.

If I could be a real cowgirl, I would try to wear boots.
Meanwhile I enjoy looking at them.

Besides that, I can dream about the what ifs...

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sweet! - i can see a pattern here. you're big on photo surprises, aren't you? :)

MadSnapper said...

cool shot and i thought they were grown up boots. i had a pair of cowboy boots when i drove an 18 wheeler back in 84, had to have the heels like they have to fit the petals. they are NOT made for walking or at least not with my feet.

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

I love this picture. I love boots too, but can't wear them anymore. When I was younger I had a pair of boots that I wore all the time.

kate condit zack said...

That photo was a special treat for me...I opened the envelope and out popped this wonderful sweet memory of my little guy so many years ago. Thank you, thank you dear friend. You are a treasure.