Some Blogs that I follow

Monday, January 16, 2012

Santa Cruz, California


Santa Cruz, California
Immature Western Gull

I have been out of town for the weekend to visit some friends in Santa Cruz.
Thanks to Jim, Becky, Linda and Bill for a really great weekend.

Before getting to their house I stopped at the Santa Cruz Pier.
Seeing the ocean, and the sound of the seals were all calling to me.

You can see the Santa Cruz Boardwalk in background.
"The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is an oceanfront amusement park in Santa Cruz, California. Founded in 1907, it is California's oldest surviving amusement park [1] and one of the few seaside parks on the West Coast of the United States".

I was looking at it remembering many years ago I came here with my husband and children for the amusement park adventure. I hope they remember it, because I sure did.
Then all of a sudden I had a Immature Western Gull in front of the roller coaster landing on the railing with wings expanded.

I decided that I would post one photo a day of my time in Santa Cruz.
If you know me, otherwise I would dwell on all the pictures at once, then procrastinate on which photographs to post.

to be continued tomorrow...

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that's a great photo w/ the colors and coaster shape in the background. the gull seems to be doing 'put your left foot in...' :)

Lela said...

Wunderschöne Farben, da bekommt man Fernweh...

LG Michaela

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I really like the colors you have here and catching the gull as you did makes it. Nicely done. Now lets see if you are true to your word for tomorrow...and the next day...and the day after that...

Jill said...

I was thinking the same thing as TxWisGirl...that gull seems to be dancing! Wonderful shot full of beautiful colors!

PKB said...

Fantastic image! You have no idea how this image resonate with me. . I went to elementary school in Santa Cruz and worked at the Boardwalk during semester breaks. The pier has a special meaning to me. . .now I am getting tearful. I can't wait to see the rest of your images, Jane.

MadSnapper said...

this is awesome, i love the blurred roller coaster and I give this a great big WOW factor

Ellie said...

What a wonderful shot - the blue of the water, the coaster in the background and the bird doing a dance. Lovely!!!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Santa Cruz was always a hoped for destination when all of us were surfer wannabees.

Janie said...

Thanks for all your great comments. I am feeling encouraged to keep on posting, even if it is one photo a day. Will get some water photos going, thanks Oakland Daily. Yep there were a lot of want a be surfers. I was one, but couldn't even balance myself on the board. I was a good one to observe and watch from then on.

Chatty Crone said...

Now that was one heck of a gorgeous picture. sandie

Ms. Becky said...

whoa, I love the brightness of color and the curve of the coaster behind the reach of the gull's wings. super shot! I'm looking forward to your photo-a-day. But hey, this is your blog and you can do as you feel. some days I feel like a post, and other days I don't. that's the beauty of blogging. all in your own good time. you surely do live in a beautiful area Janie. happy day to you.

Gerry Adams said...

Nice photo. A big contrast to the snow that we have here right now.

Dianne ... Walking In His Grace said...

What a great photo. One a day photo, sounds good to me. You are way ahead of me. I have not been able to get out with my camera too much lately. I sure miss it too.
I have been busy helping my mom, and that is okay too. :)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful color!