Some Blogs that I follow

Friday, July 1, 2011

Today's Swim

A few weeks ago I blogged about my new interest in swimming.
I am feeling rather humble with myself today.
 I was able to swim 1/2 of a mile!

The definition of that is I swam 22 laps.
One lap is equal to two passes the length of the lap pool.
I do take a few minutes to rest from time to time.
It is not like I swim non stop.
For me this counts!
It is wonderful for me to be back in the water swimming.

An older gentleman I met today at the pool has been swimming since he was 10 years old.
He use to swim the East Coast waters.
Today he tells me, "this is the only exercise I do now".
I was stunned when he told me he was 94 years old.
He is a true inspiration.



Regarding the solar glass sunflower that I posted about yesterday.
MOONRAYS
Solar * Solaire
Mulicolor LED
Has on and off switch that can be found on the bottom of the fixture.
Switch on.
Place in a location that gets full sun for at least 8 hours.
Then at night you will see it change colors,
I got it in a hardware store in garden department.
Here is the website
www.moonrays.com

5 comments:

Jill said...

Great job, Janie! You go, girl!

Nancy said...

I love to swim -- well, I used to. I'm so proud of you, Janie. :)

TexWisGirl said...

that is absolutely awesome! you should be very un-humble!!! :)

MadSnapper said...

congratulations! so proud you did that 1/2 mile, before we know it there will be a post that you swam a mile. maybe by the time you are 94,, LOL ha ha ha
thanks for the info on the sunflower, i love them and call them God's smiley faces, but we cant grow them due to dogs digging them up and rolling on them and all that good stuff. this one maybe would live and light.

Berit said...

Wow, your good in swimming Janie:)
Thanks for your nice comment in my blog. I haven't a new camera, still the one I bought last year.
Wish you a lovely sunday dear blogfriend:)
Greetings from,

Berit.