Some Blogs that I follow

Tuesday, October 12, 2010


Spring Lake
Santa Rosa, California

When visiting the lake I never get tired of watching the birds and people.
The Mallards are always there, and they don't seem to mind an audience.
The geese are thinking one of these days, "she will feed us".
They soon learn that I don't feed the birds stale bread like most do.
They move on, and so do I down the trail seeing other sights.




There are other lakes and ponds I visit.
I see many people taking bags of bread, crackers, leftovers to them.
I was trying to imagine a birds digestive system with all that bread.
I refrain from following the bird feeders.
Even when there are signs saying "DO NOT FEED THE BIRDS".
The birds are still alive so I guess I should not fret about it.
I will continue to take their photos.


Then again a blue haired girl in her kayak.
I think the name on her boat was fitting.
"emotion"
She was out for the day with friends.
I am so glad she crossed my path.



6 comments:

Futomara said...

It's such a pleasure coming to your blog to see the beauty in the world.

Janie said...

Thank you Futomara! You certainly made my day, thank you.

Remi said...

Nice.. :)
You are great.. :))

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I like the great use of photoshop tools you used with the mallard photo. I don't have the patience you do to work on photos. That would look very nice printed and framed to hang in your home.

SouthernSass said...

Beautiful pics of the birds and I love the blue-haired girl in the kayak.

Lucy Corrander said...

The Mallard is wonderful. Once again, I'm enlivened by seeing the vibrancy of colour and wonderful light you get into your pictures.

There should be a book called 'The Blue Haired Girl'.

Lucy