Some Blogs that I follow

Friday, October 8, 2010

Seasons


Wandering around I see many of my favorite flowers finishing their life.
There is a coolness in the air. 
Fall is near...
Watching the birds and the squirrels from my deck,
 I see them busy gathering food.
I seem to be filling the bird feeders nearly every day.

People in grocery stores are buying different foods.
Comfort foods with great smells from the kitchen.
It is hard to say good bye to summer.
However I do look forward to fall colors around the vineyards.
One neighbor told me that I was chasing leaves again.
Tomorrow it is suppose to be 80 degrees here.
Maybe this will be the last of the warmth for awhile.
How does time pass by so quickly?


4 comments:

Remi said...

Nice picture .. very nice yellow color of the flower ..
Summer is wonderful, but the fall is wonderful ..
to look at the plants, birds and animals prepare themselves for the winter ..
to time goes fast when you have it nice .. :):)

Janie said...

Remi,
You are right. Thank you for the reminder of time. Passing fast means, nice life. Appreciate your comments.

Lisa said...

Beautiful image Jane!
Time moves way too fast, I often wish I had a pause button.

Janie said...

Thanks Remi and Lisa, wouldn't we all like a pause button. That is a great idea! Thank you both.