Some Blogs that I follow

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Women

October 2006 I went on a road trip alone to Monterey, California.
The plan was to go out on a whale watching boat, and I did.
What a great sense of freedom I felt traveling by myself.
Exploring the pier I saw these ladies standing and leaning on the rail.
Since this time I have often wondered what they all were thinking and what brought them to this spot.
Were they wondering if they too could go out on the whale boat adventure?
I will never know...

5 comments:

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

I like this photo. People provide great photo opportunities, especially when they are unaware. Great shot.

JANE E KIRN said...

Thank you Sin on the Loose. These ladies also seemed either tired, or really sad too. I stood there for some time watching them on that sunny windy day.

Haddock said...

What a lovely picture.
And what a wild guess.
Yes its really fascinating to try to guess whats going on in other's minds.
Observing people is some thing I love to do.

JANE E KIRN said...

Thank you Haddock, appreciate your comment. Yes these ladies were enjoyable to watch. One of them had a walker, they were good friends you could tell.

aneri_masi said...

I agree with you about the sense of freedom traveling alone brings! I love my family, no doubt, but a 10 day trip to Egypt on my own was worth every second of it!