Some Blogs that I follow

Friday, August 20, 2010

Trails

Today I went for a walk on Channel Road.
This photo was taken last year on a dreary overcast day.
Just the same the road was peaceful today and the sun was breaking through.
I saw a young woman walking two dogs for her employer.
A horse being walked by her owner (which she says she does often).
Bicyclist, women runners, elderly walkers.
Older men talking about their ailments as I passed by.
Going early is the ticket.
I like walking alone because I can do my own pace.
Stop if I want, look at water, birds, trees.
One hour of walking and I did 2.5 miles.
The new shoes are comfortable, light, and makes walking easier.

Maybe I should take my camera next time.
If I do I already know it will be way longer than an hour of walking.
August 20, 2010

1 comment:

kate condit zack said...

..and I love your walks Janie..wish I was there with you..always been captivated by "lanes" ..beautiful